USPS to retire CAPS
USPS to Retire the Centralized Accounting Processing System (CAPS)
– Effective April 1, 2019
The Postal Service has launched a new payment processing platform called Enterprise Payment System (EPS). EPS supports multiple payment options including mobile check deposit, offers more reporting features, and allows customers to manage multiple USPS business functions under one account.
Eligible Products and Services include First-Class Mail®, Letters, Cards, and Flats, Priority Mail, First-Class Package Service, USPS Marketing Mail™, Letters, Flats, and Parcels, Parcel Select®, Media Mail®, Library Mail, Bound Printed Matter, Periodicals, International Products, Business Reply Mail (BRM), and Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM®), submitted via hard copy, eDoc (Mail.dat/Mail.XML), Postal Wizard or the Intelligent Mail® small business (IMsb) Tool, PO Box, Caller & Reserve Services (EPOBOL), and Address Quality Products (AEC, AECII and ACS™).
Products not currently supported include Electronic Verification System (eVS®), Parcel Return Service (PRS), PC Postage®, Scan Based Payment (SBP), Merchandise Return Service (MRS), Official Mail Accounting System (OMAS), Premium Forwarding Service Commercial (PFSC™), Share Mail®, and Intelligent Mail barcode Accounting (IMbA). Customers utilizing these products will continue to be supported through CAPS.
Note: Customers who have a combination of eligible and non-eligible products and services will not be required to migrate until a future date.
Mail Entry and Business Mailer Support is hosting a series of informational sessions on EPS and the migration process:
- When: Occurs every Tuesday 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM ET
- Webex: https://uspsmeetings.webex.com/uspsmeetings/j.php?MTID=mff5afd6359556285405a0a15e707d813
- Call-in toll-free number (US): 1-855-860-7461
- Conference Code: 819 297 8257
For more information:
- Visit PostalPro Enterprise Payment System Page: https://postalpro.usps.com/eps
- Formore EPS benefits and how to create an EPS account review the Enterprise Payment System Account Creation Fact Sheet: https://postalpro.usps.com/EPS/MigrationFactSheet
To sign-up today contact:
- Your local Business Mail Entry Unit (BMEU): https://ribbs.usps.gov/locators/find-bme.cfm
- Call: 1-800-522-9085
- Email: Postalone@usps.gov
BFC is a single source provider of variable data and offset printing, complex fulfillment, pick and pack services, and technology solutions to automate and create efficiencies relating to print and electronic communications. With more than 40 years of industry experience, we’ve built a reputation as experts in our industry and a valued resource for our clients. We have created long-lasting relationships and mutually rewarding partnerships.
To discover how our technology can enhance your email and direct mail programs, click the button below.